Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My hometown

Age: 26

Occupation: Office Manager

I lived there for: 17 years

I lived there because: This town/area was where my mom chose to raise us four kids. I didn’t stick around but I often wonder back.

My neighborhood: I grew up in town, so I was part of the “town crew” we rode our bicycles almost everywhere, but most bike riding was to get a snow cone at town & country

My favorite restaurant: Catfish Platter, best catfish & hush puppies EVER.

If you go to this restaurant, be sure to order: extra hush puppies!

My favorite museum: there are no museums in Kingston ( I don’t think)

My favorite tourist destination: the beautiful Lake Texoma

Best insider spot: Beer Garden in Caney Creek

My favorite area: Soldier Creek

Best place to go shopping: you have to drive to go shopping… but if you’re looking for groceries, Super C

When you visit, don’t forget to pack: a swimsuit

The one local cuisine you should try when you’re in town: Burger from Burger Shoppe (i hear they are sooo good... no idea though, if you go to Kingston, you'll stop at the burger shoppe). I prefer their chocolate banana shake YUM!

The best way to get around: Bicycle, Walking, Boat, rides in my car, or rides in my friends car.

If I had to describe this city in one word, it would be: Southern Bliss… ok I used two.

I tell my friends to stay at: My place or camp.

The one thing most outsiders don’t know about this city is: that this is the home of down right friendly people, but if one person doesn’t like you, most others won’t either, tight knit group back home.

They say “Virginia is for lovers.” So fill in the blank: Kingston is for lake lovers and people who do not mind not knowing what is going to happen after a night at the beer garden, no fun haters allowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment