Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012 Friends

Well guys, 2012 is just around the corner! Have you made any of your new years resolutions? I’ve been thinking about them a little here and there lately. Let’s look back to last year's resolutions- as you can see I succeeded at 2 of them for sure, but only half of the first one. I do believe I’ve been a little less worried about the negative things in my life in 2011. Actually, I’m sure that I’ve been a little too positive, which means I was a little careless.. I’ll admit it. I did rid myself of some people who were trying to bring me down with their negative nancy  attitudes. You know just people who don’t really have my best interest at heart and don’t want to see me do good, those people I haven’t talked to in months. I wish them well though. I really do. I will say that the last resolution I had was a bit ridiculous, are you kidding? 2-3 lbs a month? Yeah right! I totally didn’t work on that the least bit. But you know what’s crazy? That’s the first time I’ve made a resolution about weight, and epic fail my friends. In fact, I’m almost positive I gained 2-3 per month… oh well. I can lose weight, some people can’t lose ugly. Whaaaaat? – I said that once when I was in the 6th grade to a boy and that was a “good comeback” moment for me, so it’s always stuck. – Josh Burris was the boy I said it to, not that I think he’s ugly and he’s totally fine by me then & now but I mean a girl has to stand up for herself ya know?!?! Also on the half marathon, that idea wasn’t ridiculous, but I did have a bit of a knee injury last year which had me off on my running, and I ended up running the 7 mile leg in the marathon relay so I’m not really mad at myself about that one. There are plenty of half marathon races to run out there.


So here are my resolutions for 2012…


Go on a vacation to Colorado. I’ve always wanted to go in the summer. I want to hike, I want to white water raft, I want to camp & go venture around that state. Before I moved to Houston, I really wanted to move to Colorado…buttttt I didn’t. And I don’t regret it but I do love Colorado so I definitely want to visit during the summer of 2012. – wow, seems like forever away.

Take off all of my makeup before going to bed. Seems like the duh thing to do, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a little too many cocktails and just fallen asleep with makeup on. The other night after I got finished cleaning my closet, I had a glass of wine & reese’s peanut butter cups for dinner and I was so full I fell asleep with makeup on. That’s like the worst excuse ever but it was just an example of my carelessness.



Save more cash money. I need to get a good little savings account built up. I have some expectations for myself by the end of the year of 2012. So I need to do a little more saving.



Surprise someone, whether it be a friend, family member or admirer at least once a month. I think this one will be fun. I already have the month of January done. So now I only have 11 more months to send a surprise to someone. My surprises aren’t going to be super fancy, but I just want to take out a little time to show someone that I’m thinking about them.



Volunteer. I wrote about this in my last fill in the blank Friday of 2011. Over the Christmas holiday, I heard a lot of stories of families that were less fortunate then I am. It broke my heart. I really would like to find some way to help out. I went to a feed the homeless function once and it really made me feel like I was doing something that meant something. I also visited people in the nursing home once and that was fun to just see people’s faces light up from simple conversation. Things like this, I just want to figure out a way to give back and be less self-absorbed. I’d really like to do something with the children’s hospital too. I think helping out is good for the mind & soul.



Let things fall into place like they are supposed to. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. Less stress, less planning BIG expectations of myself, not saying I won’t have goals for myself, but just on certain matters, less over analyzing and more going with the flow of life.


- So here's to the new year, hoping yours is full of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment