Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Weekend Aftermath

What a good little weekend! This weekend was very productive for W and I. We have been out of town a bunch lately. Friday, W got back from his ski trip. I missed him a little.. But when he got back I had favors to ask of him. I came up with this idea last Wednesday about making a scarf rack. I had seen a lot on the internet but I wanted a cute scarf rack. So I went to Hobby Lobby, bought a piece of wood and some dresser knobs. But I needed my handy man to do the drilling. So Friday, much to my surprise, he was game for wine & project time. He put together my scarf rack and I love it. We also set up my new wine fridge, it's my other favorite thing lately. I mentioned that I had some other projects up my sleeve for the weekend so to be ready.




Saturday, we got up and around and went to breakfast at Jimmy's Egg. It wasn't crazy cold so we went and got the motorcycle out of storage and took it to breakfast. After breakfast, we ran around Norman in search of project stuff. I wanted to get a trunk/ottoman/oversized storage bin to keep at the end of my bed for extra blankets and pillows. We went to an antique store and I found an aged white wooden trunk. I relined the inside and it works perfect for what I wanted to use it for. W also bought an antique rod iron sewing machine with a marble table top to place my wine fridge on. We were pretty excited about our purchases. I also decorated the countertop with wine bottles. Later that evening, we got dressed up and ready for the new years eve festivities. First, we stopped by Sean & Misty's to give Carter his Christmas present. That kid is adorable, such a happy little boy. He's really into to dinosaurs right now, so I got him some dinosaur books, a hooded blanket, some pjs and some navy blue toms. We hung out for an hour or so and let Carter entertain us with his goofiness. After that, we met up with Travis, Anna, Caitlin, KC, Chad, Travis F & Courtney to go to the Embassy Suites party. We had a big group and seeing that we got there a little later, there was little food left and we were scrunched in seating. But I know I enjoyed just being with my friends & co workers listening to music and counting down the last minutes of 2011. We had our champagne toast to the new year, our smooches and we danced a little bit to start off the new year.





Blurry but hot mamas ;)

I wore Red lipstick!


Love those kisses

Love this family, great people!

Me & my gym buddy, she obviously goes a little more than me ;) Hot lady!


Sunday, I started to feel a little under the weather. I slept a lot on Sunday as well as coughed a lot too. :( Not the funnest day, but I had my cuddle buddy with me so it made me feel a little better.

Monday, started out like Sunday. Still feeling under the weather, I didn't get too much done. W did build my other project for me. He built me a clothes rack that I had thought up. It's perfect. So glad he got power tools for Christmas. We watched the Thunder game and I went to bed pretty early. And now it's Tuesday and I'm so happy that we have a short work week. I don't have too much planned this week, and I kind of like it that way.
New Clothes rack made by W, so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment