Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Help


.. First off, I do realize I'm about a year late (maybe more) on reading The Help, however, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. Or is it ten cents? meh, who cares. - anyway, I start re-reading the book about 2 weeks ago. Sometimes I'll just start a book, and it's good, I just get tired or busy and don't finish it. So I restarted it & this time I was consumed in it. It was such a good book. There were times I'd laugh out loud and then there were times that I cried like a baby. There were even unreadable parts that I had to get through, not gonna lie, haha, I have a really weak stomach :( . But I got finished with the book this last week. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It's crazy how time changes things. This book made me feel really proud about being raised by a sweet & loving mother, appreciative of anyone who has ever helped me and thankful that there are more equal rights between different races these days. It was really tough for me to pick out my favorite charachter in this book too. Abileen was such a sweet woman, and Minny was hilarious. Skeeter was so unique & quirky. Those three were all so brave. The other charachters were all brats.



Of course, once you read the book, the reward is the movie. So Thursday night after I got home from babysitting, I cuddled up on the couch, and rented the movie. The movie was good too. There are always differences between the book & movies. I was surprised at how I was able to pick out all the differences. There were some parts of the book that I think would have been funny in the movie if they had made the cut. If you don't read the book, watch the movie. It's that kind of story that is good for your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment