Thursday, February 2, 2012

It cannot be that easy..

I'm just gonna jump right in on what I'm referencing my title of this blog to. LYING.

I am HANDS DOWN, the worst liar there is. Ask any of my friends. Ask my boss. Ask my family members. And I don't know why. I mean I do .. see there's me not letting me write a lie. I was raised where lying was frowned upon. Meaning it was hurtful, it was viewed as a disappointment, it just wasn't right. With that being said, even if I'm telling a joke, I'm still so obvious about the punch line, generally making the joke not as funny or the person I'm telling the joke to laugh at me rather than the joke because they already knew what I was going to say. Either way it's still funny.

But what is not funny is a lying individual. Everywhere around me it seems like people are just lying all over the place. In the workplace, in relationships, in friendships, about big things about small things, just lies lies lies. Whats up with that? Do people not understand that lies do in fact affect the person they are lying to? Do people have no respect for their friends/families/boyfriends/girlfriends so they choose to lie instead of base a relationship on honesty and good well being? I don't understand. My heart aches for the people who are dealing with the liar. Situations involving dishonesty never turn out good. I think it's human nature to try and see the good in people, and I think a lot of us want to believe that people are truthful. But I feel like at the same time, we have to remember not to be naive and think like this all of the time. I have some friends who have been lied to multiple times by the same person, yet they stay hopeful that it will never happen again. I wish that were true and that when a person lied to someone that they would have some sense of guilt and not want to do it ever again.

So people stop your lying and get to tryin' to make things easier on your co workers, your family, and your loved ones. It makes a world of difference and puts you in a better place!

That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment