Friday, July 6, 2012

If I could get away for the day...

"If I could get away for the day, I would go...."
 
 
To Lake Texoma.
 
We have yet to make our first appearance to Soldier Creek this year. We have been so busy with moving and getting settled into our house that we haven't been able to plan a trip back home. Something about the lake just makes me feel like I'm 17 again. I don't know if you've ever heard You're always 17 in your hometown by Cross Canadian Ragweed   but it applies to my hometown and being at good ole Lake Texoma. I love seeing familiar faces playing ketchup and coming home with a pink sunburnt nose. I love jumping on a golf cart and not knowing where you'll end up or when you'll come back to your home base. Sandwiches after a day at the lake on the boat are by far the most delicious  sandwiches ever invented. I love playing frisbee standing in the water while trying to balance my Miller lite in the other hand. I love walking through what seems like a scene from Blair Witch Project to get to & from the beer garden safely. I love riding the boat back at sunset and scoping out the scenery. Once we get to the dock, I like to pretend I'm trying to wash the boat off better than W so that we make sure and get it looking good for the owner of the boat.  


The other reason I'd go to the beach, is because I'm on a pretty tight budget these days now that I pay rent and we need to save for a future home to buy. Going home means having a free place to stay and cheap fun. No one likes to spend money down there, and so everyone pitches in for beer and the group I roll with is always free entertainment, whether it be intoxicated drama or good deals on fireworks to set off in the streets together.  I'm also really  excited about wearing a Mom Swimsuit , I've gained a few lbs over my break of not working out and moving. However, I am happy to say that I started 2 bootcamps last week and within a week & 1/2 I have already dropped 6 lbs... holla! - still more to go but I already like the way it's working out for me. (i will say most of it is water I'm sure because we work out in 100 degree weather, but hey I'll take it) Now, only 9 more hours til I'm off work and helping W get the truck loaded up to start our lake weekend. Where would you go if you could get away for the day?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for 6 LBS! Wish I was there to attempt boot camp with you!

    ReplyDelete