Friday, December 14, 2012

dang...

What a sad day, before I left for my lunch break I saw something as I was logging off of the internet that caught my eye. I was unsure of what I was really looking at and I was in a bit of a hurry to get out of the office, so I x'd out and then once I was home for lunch I got on my phone and google'd Connecticut and shooting... what I saw next, broke my heart.

I'm just like the next person, saddened, concerned for the safety of the kiddos in this world and questionable about what would make a person do something so terrible.

I actually feel pain in my heart and I just pray for all of these families, teachers, school staff and others involved. It hurts for the police, swat teams, firefighters and ems workers who had to witness and be strong when you know what they saw is something they probably never had imagined would happen when they went into work this morning and who hurt but had to be heroes. For those types of heroes, I will forever be thankful, I do not have it in me to be that strong.

It breaks my heart to think of all of the mom and dad's who have been working over time hours to make a little more money so that their child can have that over priced baseball glove. Only now to look at their Christmas tree and see gifts that won't be opened by their sweet baby.

It hurts to think of the people who will spend countless nights with little to no sleep because they cannot get their minds to slow down or relax because they keep reliving what happened.

I pray for the people who are going to continue to feel emptyiness, confusion and spend most days crying uncontrollably.

God works miracles though, and I know prayer does work.  i will pray that the people out there that haven't been affected by this tragedy to start praying for the people who have been. So I'll pray my heart out for everyone involved. I will pray that the families are able to heal, I will pray that they feel God working in their lives and I just... pray for them all.

What a sad sad day...


No comments:

Post a Comment