Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Out with the old and in with the new...

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013...

I cannot explain to you how good 2012 was to me. I mean it wasn't perfect, but it was sure good. It's like this, with the bad you get the good, so even through the rough patches, the good positive stuff came from it all.

I'll share with you some of my favorite things that happened in 2012...

Moved in with the ole ball & chain, man have we got on each other's nerves in the process, but at the same time we have learned so much about each other and we have had lots of fun. Having your boyfriend as your roommate can be pretty awesome sometimes. We are really happy in our home and it makes me excited about buying a house someday.

I got to see my niece and nephews grow up a little! Some of them learned the ugly reality of bad decisions, a couple of them started liking girls and dating and my nieces are still just as sweet as can be.

Traveled to Hawaii and loved the scenery, vacation was much needed and learned to appreciate my surroundings, my family and all the finer things in life a little more than I had before I went.

I got to see one of my best friends get married and have her first baby. It's been fun spending time with her and her little family.

Witnessed a lot of weddings over the summer, each and every one of them were special and I loved that my friends included me in their celebrations.

Now, there are plenty of crazy things that happened in 2012 that made me want to crawl in bed and sleep til it was all over but let's not focus on the negative because that's been one of the things I've been working on, becoming more positive.



So on to the list of 2013 resolutions...

1/2 marathon (training started Monday)
Save money to purchase a new car
Organize my life a little better, you know stay on top of the laundry, pick up after myself a little better.
Forgive a couple of people that I haven't fully forgiven yet, pray for me on this one, sometimes it's easy to say you've forgiven someone or something but inside you are still holding on to a little anger and negativeness.
Only eat fast food once a week.

also... I plan to travel a little more, argue a little less about the stupid stuff that's easy to argue about, and take my first road trip with my guy and Shobe (our new pup) and just enjoy life a little more.

Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment