Wednesday, February 27, 2013

B-I-B-L-E

So I've been doing these daily devotions for about 4-5 weeks now. There's an app called Girlfriends in God and I really like it. I like to wake up in the mornings do a little cardio and then relax after while doing this devotion and doing a little quiet time. I am certainly not meaning to sound as if I'm bragging about my relationship with God, but I am excited about rebuilding it. I enjoyed the devotions so much that at first I started using my bible app on my Kindle fire. I have started making notes throughout it and highlighting scripture that applies to certain situations going on in my life. I feel I can look back and use these verses as reference when needed later. Then I decided I wanted a bible that was a little more up to date and more helpful when it came to reading. I ordered one online last week and it just came in last night. I was so excited that I started reading it right away. My goal is to read the entire bible by February 26, 2014. I know that seems like a stretch, but I kind of just want to get more familiar with my bible. I want to try and read it in the mornings before I start my day and in the evenings before I go to bed. I feel like in order for me to really be happy in my life I have to have a better relationship with God.



Does this mean that I'm going to transform into this perfect person? No way Jose. It just means I want to make up for some lost time and get back the relationship I once had with God. Anyway, I'm just really excited about getting into the book and being more knowledgeable about the stories of the bible. Wish me luck on this new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment