Thursday, February 21, 2013

South on i-35

I usually look forward to head south on 35 because that means I'm going home to see my family. But last night it sure was hard to head south to say goodbye to a great man, because that's just something no one looks forward to. My heart breaks when you have to say goodbye, my prayer is that God comforts this family and helps to heal the hurt. The hurt doesn't EVER go away but neither do the sweet memories. I always try to remind myself and everyone that life is short and we never know when God needs another angel, so say I love yous, count your blessings, hug a lot and appreciate the time you have with your family and friends.

Today is a day that my brother-in-law will say goodbye to his dad. My sister will say goodbye to her father-in-law. My niece will say goodbye to her poppy. And a wife will say goodbye to the love of her life. It will be a tough day for each and every family member and friend involved. Walter was so nice. He was very funny too. I remember the last time I saw him. It was at my nieces first birthday and he was joking with me about vacuuming. He told me to chase the kiddos with the vacuum, so of course I did, and we laughed together about how the kids were running for their lives. I'm sad to see him go. I'm sad that people who are so close to him are going to have to move forward with their lives and feel that emptiness because he is no longer here. I am thinking and praying for you all.

The grandkids with their poppy! Such a sweet picture!

Look at this girl!


I also want to point out that kids are such sweet blessings. There were kids all around and it seemed that they were always able to bring smiles to faces and help heal a little pain that people were feeling. I think it's great to see the innocence in a childs smile, laugh and just watch their actions. To see how the smallest things can make a person hurting feel a litte better is an amazing thing. I got to see my niece and I loved all of her sweet hugs and kisses.

My sister posted this earlier and I thought it was definitely worth sharing... I told you kids are the best!





No comments:

Post a Comment