Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Race Season has begun...

I'm finally back into the groove of things... At first I wasn't sure. But after working myself back up, I'm finally starting to print out training schedules and registering for races. I've even looked up races and signed up for a few already. It feels good to be back doing what I love and I wonder why I ever took such a long break. Long breaks just equal tough workouts when it comes to running. But I'm determined more than I have been in a very  long time. My long runs have given me a sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt in a long time. Can you tell I'm feeling that runner high?!?! I totally am. I plan to do a 1/2 by the end of 2013 with my friend KC. And what's even crazier is that I've been flirting with the idea of another full marathon by next March (March 2014)... there's something I didn't think I would ever say or do again. But life sure does throw some curve balls and I figure while I'm still young and my legs are willing, I might as well consider it... I'll keep you guys posted!!!

Here are the races I've registered in so far:

St. Paddys Day 8k

Color Me Crazy 5k (with my sister, can't wait)

Hustle for Habitat 5k (with Paris)

Run for the Dream 10k

OKC Memorial Marathon Relay (with some of my favorite girls, KC, Mandy, Staci and Amanda)

Color Me Rad 5k (with Paris)

Fireball Classic 10k

See Jane Run Half Marathon

Route 66 Half Marathon w/KC - I'm not sure if I will be ready for a full, but if I am, I'm def. going to try for the full, if not, I'll wait until I'm ready!


I'm telling you, I'm baccccckkkk and it feels so good!








No comments:

Post a Comment