Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weekend of Memories...

This past weekend will definitely go down in the books of my life story.. Not only were there great memories but there were also great reassuring situations that happened as well. I want to say (again) I LOVE my family and friendships. It was amazing seeing the people that I chose to surround myself with over the weekend. It is also great not having to see others who do not want to build a friendship or relationship with me and let me know before my trip back home. I can actually look at that as a positive thing since they actually let me know in advance, even though I still put in some effort. I think at this point in my life, I can FINALLY move on from those people and write it off as "Lesson Learned" - again... I will continue to pray for a change of heart on their part because I know they need it. And I will continue to pray that I have learned from the negative situations and continue to move on and grow from them because I know I need to and need that. Really that's all I am going to say on that note because I feel as though it is no longer worth the effort I have put into it this far.

On a more positive note, I will say that the weekend started out with my boss letting me off of work at 3:15 (SCORE!). I wondered around Norman and Moore waiting on the boyfriend to get off of work. Once he was home, we decided to have a date night. He took me to dinner and then we went to Moonies and played foosball and just enjoyed each others company. It was really nice to get that alone time before the craziness of the weekend was about to unfold and begin. Once I was home, I stayed up until twelve a.m. baking cupcakes and snacks for his family and mine. By the time I made it to bed I was completely exhausted.





(oh hey I beat Will twice in a row)


Saturday morning, I woke up in an amazing mood ready to go get my run on with Paris in a 5k we had signed up for. This race turned out much better than the last race. I ended up with 1st in my age division and 5th overall. Paris got 3rd in our age group so we were happy with our results, even though we both agreed we could have done better. I didn't realize that dogs were allowed to run with you, however, it was fun to have Will and Shoba there to run to the finish line with me. After the race, Will and I walked over to campus corner and ate outside with Shoba. It was a beautiful day to be outside. We finally made our way to Kingston and caught up with them lake rats... we played washers and had a few drinks. Then we went to the beer garden. It was a fun night that was followed by a "not as fun" day after.




 
Sunday morning, the original plan was to meet the fam for church, unfortunately, that didn't pan out. Will had to go and spend some time with his family, and unfortunately I was not welcomed. Darn! As I waited for him to wrap things up, I was anxious to see my niece. Long story short, things didn't work out as planned at all and my family helped us out more than we could have ever imagined. So unfortunate that they were put in a situation that they had to help out so much but I am happy to see that they are so giving and helpful. I am blessed with my family. We had a little pizza/slumber party at my sisters and left super early yesterday morning in order to make it back in time for work. I am now counting down the days until I get some more family time.




After this weekend and being put in situations unimaginable I've learned that you can either grow from that situation or you can continue to let others who put you in the situation attempt to bring you down. I'm thinking I'll go with the first choice! Hope all of you had a Hoppy Easter : )


No comments:

Post a Comment