Monday, July 29, 2013

Staying Focused

Wow, what a weekend I had! I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet, but I highly doubt that will happen. I've been training for my marathon for the past 4 weeks and it's been going good, but it hasn't been going as  good as I had hoped. This is my fault. I have been easily distracted from what I'm trying to accomplish - in more than one area of my life. So instead of going to the lake with Will, I opted to stay home and focus on me and my goals. I had a lot of time to think. About everything, about what I want and need, what is best for me, where I'm at right now in my life and what my future looks like. It seems like I got a little misguided along the way. I had different hopes and I was told things that I believed that weren't necessarily the truth. Those things lead to a very hurtful reality.

I think being alone sometimes can be the best thing for a person, I think it's easy to see what is important and what's distracting me from the important things. I did some soul searching, I read my bible, I looked at old pictures and I went to church. I'll be honest and say that I think I'm doing some things wrong. I've finally recognized what's important to me, and I've recognized where I stand in some peoples lives that wasn't so clear before. I have decided that it is in my best interest to stay on track and stay focused on my needs and goals. So back to me, marathon training and achieving what I want for me in this life.

This all may not make sense right now, but I know when I look back later, I'll remember how I felt at this time and hopefully I will have gotten back on track. I think sometimes it's easy to go with the flow, agree to things that aren't really what you want and compromise. But I don't think it's right to do all of the time. I continue to change as a person and I'm 28, growing up is still happening. I'm just happy that I'm figuring it out now instead of later when it's too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment