Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer time is my favorite time

Hey guys! I just love summer. This weekend we opted to stick around the house and not plan too much. We have been on the go since Memorial day weekend so our weekends have been packed full of flying and driving. Summer just seems to be the time of the year I can't sit still. It sure was nice to relax with W this weekend though.

Friday night I got in a nice run after work and then headed home. When I got home, Eric & Michele came over and we went to the grocery store to get some food to cook on the grill. We should enter grilling contest, our food was THAT good that night. We had chicken, salmon, steak, stuffed jalapenos, fresh pineapple and macaroni salad. So good.

Saturday morning, W and I went to get breakfast and got coffee. We decided we'd go on a motorcycle adventure with Caezar and Deanna to Mt. Scott. I'd never been and I had heard it was pretty so I was excited to go. We left Norman around noon and got to Medicine Park around 2ish. We hydrated, believe me, sitting on the back of a motorcycle for 2 hours in direct sunlight will exhaust a person.  We headed up to the mountains and saw some prarie dogs and Buffalo (my favorite) on the way to the top. After, we decided to eat at Meers , a local restaurant known for their burgers. W said it was the best burger he's had! We wanted to walk to the different shops they had around Medicine Park but we ended up riding back and getting in around 9 that evening. We closed in the night watching Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor , and man did i smile and cry and get mad, so much emotion with watching that movie.











Holy City









3 Buffalo in this picture


I swear I have pants on, they were obviously a little short




 
sleepyheads
 

Sunday morning, we did what every couple dreads... we went grocery shopping. It's only the most annoying thing that you HAVE to do in life... well, at least for me. I went for a run, W mowed our lawn and then we finished the evening off with a little live music in Norman.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment