Monday, October 7, 2013

Ketchup

Oh friends, let me tell you what is going on in my life right now. It would probably be easier to tell you what's not going on really. For example, running, which is what I wish was going on more than anything right now, isn't happening. However, I ride my bicycle, a bunch. Right now, I'm out of wheels, my car is having issues. Being without a car means cross training is happening without a doubt. Have you ever met a cyclist who liked running? Most likely your answer is no, unless of course you've met one of those freaks of nature that are the triathlon and iron man types. Well, lets just say, that most likely you aren't going to find a runner who likes riding a road bike miles upon miles. Regardless, I'm doing as much as I can to cross train while the doctor has ordered me not to run. Tomorrow I have an MRI to see if I have a stress fracture. This is scary crap man. Not like death scary but pretty scary to think that I may have to take more time off and miss a race I've been training since June for. A race I've already paid for, a trip I've already booked and let's not forget a race I've worked my butt off for. Life is funny like that sometimes, you can have your mind set on something and God looks down and laughs at "your" plans rather than his. I guess we'll just see what tomorrow's results say, praying and hoping for good news. Next up we have something else going on that I'd rather just not write about but it sure is something else. I'm on an emotional rollercoaster ride lately but what's awesome is that what's going on around me hasn't managed to break me yet.... and I don't intend on letting that happen. I think there could always be crazyier things to happen. I know for a fact that worse situations happen. Sometimes when everything hits the fan for me I begin to realize I'm stronger because of the bad times in my past. There's always a bright side, it can only get better from here on out. Plus, there's always ice cream, and it sure taste better when things are crazy. But if you want, and you should want, you can say a little prayer for my leg. Running is my therapy. I'm not just saying that, it really has been for the last 14 years. It's my go to when I can't think clearly and life is throwing me curve balls. So I need my leg to be ok. I need to run before all the negativity catches up to me. I just keep thinking that if my doctor tells me tomorrow that I get to run again, then I'll be running to and from work from here until November. And in a sick way (I say a sick way, because I know some people hate running that much) it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to think about.

The weekend was full of food, bike riding, gamedayin' and ice cream. Yesterday, I couldn't seem to keep my car sickness under control so I wasn't able to ride in a car to go watch Amanda run her race, I'm sure she did great though.

Take notes friends: don't wear flats when you have an appointment and have to take them off if you have stinky feet like me haha.

Mont night with Misty & Amanda, so much fun with these two.

Went to dinner at Red Prime, it was yummy and red :)


 
Morning Long Ride Saturday
 

Game day clothes, where I was told I'm an ndn hippie, I'll take it : )

Game day jenga


Bathroom even had a camera ;)
 


Fun times with these beauties

 




No comments:

Post a Comment