Tuesday, November 19, 2013

New things, friends, family & live music

Friday evening after work I decided it was time to stop putting people out and having to ask to rides, ride my bike around and just go look for a new car. THANK GOD for dads, they get to do the dirty work in dealing with the sales guys. It's like going into a tank full of sharks, when I set down and listened to the sales guy give us his spill on pricing and listened as he nervous joked with my dad, I could feel my stomach turning. Clearly my dad doesn't get that feeling because he dealt with the guys like it was nothing. I am the proud owner of a Pearl White 2013 Honda Accord LX. My car only had 22 miles on it when I drove her off the lot, it was something beautiful. This week I'm in the process of adding a sunroof, putting a clear stone shield to prevent rock chips and tinting my windows. I'm seriously in love with my car. It's nice to know that I'm 28 years old and have worked my butt off and I can finally afford something like this. I used to think I'd never be able to afford nice things, but I just kept working hard, and look what I get to drive, I feel fancy.  : ) Hard work pays off. - And guess who doesn't have a degree and can still afford nice things?!?! ... Who knew? I did, it was just a matter of time. A word of advice to the people who have doubted me in the past and openly shared that with me, don't doubt me, I promise you hard work was instilled in me and I know that if you want something bad enough, you will find a way to make it become your reality. 

After getting home, I was pretty content with just hanging at the house but Bob & Alana had invited me out to Louie's Too. We had a fun group there and Will changed his mind about Toby Keith (that was a statement directed to Eric & Michele). We got back home, where Adam, Will and I visited for a little bit on the patio and eventually went to bed. 



 
Saturday was a busy day from the get go. It was an early game day and I headed to campus with the Fernandez boys. We hung out for a while with friends new & old and then Amanda showed up and I seriously talked her ear off - sorry Amanda : ( . After the game a big group came to the house and we all headed to Pearl Jam. It was a great concert, we ended the night listening to more live music and eating subway sandwiches at early hours into Sunday morning.

Gameday


Tapwerks sippin' on dirty hoes

I'm being bossy & telling the photographer to wait!!!







Crazy kids



 
Sunday morning everyone got up and around and we headed to Norman. I got invited to celebrate with Will's grandad his birthday at his house. I was excited because I hadn't seen him in so long. We cooked out and watched the Bears play into the evening. We eventually made it back home and I got some cuddle time in with my dog. 

Bob grillin', Will actin'

Happy Birthday Dandad!

2 comments:

  1. I love your new car! She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's my first NEW vehicle ever, so i am pretty proud!!! : )

    ReplyDelete