Monday, April 28, 2014

OKC Memorial Marathon weekend

This weekend was so much fun with my sole sisters. I realize how lame that sounds, but honestly, we have such an awesome bond and it's because we love running. These girls know me in a different way than some of even my closest friends know me. We talk running and aren't bored with it, it's like our own little language. Paris & Carissa & KC will forever have this place in my heart that can only be filled by them. We've trained together, complained together, laughed together, given attitude to eachother and gotten runmotional together. It's something I can't even begin to explain. It's cool though. I love those girls. I love and respect anyone who can get their ass out on a running course and do mileage damage. It's not an easy task and it's not that fun, but it's a great feeling to finish a race. I'm so proud of all my running friends.

Saturday, I met up with KC, Paris & Carissa for packet pick up and lunch. We browsed the expo all awhile every other runner was crop dusting us. Anytime you go and you're in a building full of runners you are going to get wiffs of body odor and farts. It's pretty gross, but it's just true. After the expo, we went and had lunch at zio's. Can I just say it was delicious. You have to remember I've been consuming only healthy foods lately, so it was so bomb. After that, we walked around the Arts Festival, I had cotton candy, I love any excuse to eat unhealthy and not have to feel guilty about it. Oh and I had some mango italian ice or some shit, um yum! We pretty much told KC she needed to stay with us but she went back home to Chad & Sutton :(. Later that evening we went to Harkins and watched The Other Woman, cute chick flick. Once we got back, the girls went and got sonic and I got some shut eye. Before we knew it, it was 4 a.m. and we were up and at em. Race start time was originally planned for 6:30, that got moved back 4 or 5 times the final rescheduled time was 8:15, we ended up crossing the start line around 8:25. Thoughts on the race: I wasn't pissed about my time, to be honest, I was happy for it to be over when I crossed the finish line. My watch read 2:35 but it said the distance was 13.36 miles, not really sure how all that happened. This was not, however, my official time for the books, regardless, I'm just not beating myself up about it. I know that it was one of the most miserable races I've done but what got me through it was knowing there were full marathoners out there running and they were running 13.1 more miles than me. I am so glad I didn't register for the full! It was so muggy out there. I was on point miles 1-7, but then 7, it was all downhill (and no like downhill breeze, like downhill slope to negative land) the sun came out, the humidity affect went up and my body temperature was jacked. By the time I crossed the finish line, I was white, fighting the feeling of passing out and had chills all over my body and i was cold. Weird shit. So proud of all those runners, if that isn't dedication, I don't know what is! One of the most memorable races I'll probably ever do, I've never waited 2 hours to start a race, but I couldn't think of anyone else to wait around with. The memorial has always been my favorite race and I'm already looking forward to next year!

This is how funny we are... the funniest! ;)



I'd like to point out how awkward I look, I look so uncomfortable showing pda with friends.

good morning hot firefighters!

Love these two!!!!

This picture confirms my running smile, it's as awful as I had always assumed!
 

KC made us a sign, she didn't even see me coming when I stopped and said hi!!!

 
 
It's hard to find people downtown after a race, so proud of Amy on her 2nd half marathon and of myself for being able to spot her out of the crowd!!! We are awesome!


The fanclub... saw these guys every 3 miles, pretty cool to see them as much as I do during races!
Suns out, guns out, oh and WILL IS WASTED.... he had a lot to celebrate yesterday apparently.

The meal I enjoyed by myself waiting on boys that never showed up, I wasn't even mad about it, I ate the shit out of those nachos, love a good fat meal after burning 1540 calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment