Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ready to run

This week I'm getting ready for my very first half marathon. I'm getting excited. My training hasn't been on point, but honestly I'm just not that worried about how I'll do. I think I'll be just fine. I am getting anxious. Yesterday afternoon I wrote out my training schedule for my third full and instead of dreading it, I could feel myself become overwhelmed with excitement about Chicago. This morning, I got up and planned out where I would have Wills drop me off to meet up with some of my girls before the half, went over the course map and planned on which water stops I would use and then made my playlist. I'm ready to get this show on the road! I'm so glad I'm loving running again, I had to take a 3 week break from it and just get my cardio in on the bike because my body was asking for a break. Sometimes distance makes the heart grow fonder ;) - this is funny to me not only because I took a break and kept my distance from running for a good minute but also because I choose to run longer distances, I know I'm clever.... whatev!

Happy Memorial Marathon week fellow runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment