Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 in Questions

- Hey guys, meant to post this about a week ago, but forgot, oops!

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29, Will took me on a river cruise and then somehow, it turned into Will’s birthday. Funny now, not so much then ;)

What are your strongest memories from this year, and why?
a lot of positive happened this year, but that's not saying that there wasn't a lot of negative before that positive happened. I think I'm figuring out what I really want, who I want to develop friendships/relationships with and I became a little more familiar with who I really am and where I want to be emotionally, physically and financially.

What did you do this year that you’d never done before?
Went skydiving, threw a surprise birthday party for Will

What did you want and get?
I wanted to go skydiving, and I did. Will wasn’t sure if he’d do it, and that distracted me wanting to, but then I just told him I’ve always wanted to do it before I was 30, so I told him I was going with or without him. As you know, I won that battle.

What did you want and not get?
A new home/lake house, but that planning is in the works, and it’s a big decision between the two choices, sooooo there lies the issue

What would you like to have next year that you didn’t have this year?
A more in depth commitment to physical fitness, although I didn’t just sit around all year, I’d like to try eating clean again, I did it this year towards the beginning and changes happened, I think I can do it this year. Lots of commitment and research for me. I’d also like to try my hand at Barre & Yoga. Also, photo books of the past few years of Will and I, I’m working on this, but 5 years of pictures is a lot to try and organize and gives me a headache when I start working on them. I plan to have do them ever year from here on out, just wish I would have gotten a

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolutions were fairly simple, we committed as a couple to go on more dates and to put the phone away on dates, that resolution was a success. Mark 3 things off my bucket list, well, got skydiving done, did a half, that was 2 for 3.

What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I finished a half marathon. Anytime running is involved in my year, it’s probably going to be my answer, I haven’t done anything as challenging as marathons in my life yet.

What was your biggest failure?
Not blogging enough. So many good stories went untold! Like, did I tell you about the time I... just kidding, I just need to be better about blogging days other than the day after the weekends. The truth is, not much happens during the week for this girl.

What did you rely on when you were overwhelmed?
Will, always.

What are your strongest recommendations for entertainment from this year?
Saving Mr. Banks & Unbroken were pretty excellent.

What song will remind you of this year?
Learning to fly – petty

Prob because I went skydiving and that was in my head before I did that, and then because there’s been a lot of things that went on this year within my family unit that not everyone really knows about, nor is it their business but sometimes letting go and taking risks and chances make things better. I’ve become really close with my brothers and sister this year, I feel like we’ve all been more honest with eachother than we maybe ever have before, pretty cool.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

When the music is done and all the lights are low
I will remember the times when love would really glow
I could dream ahead before my world turned blue
And the light inside would only shine for you


Blacktop, I can't stop
For no one, it's no fun, no fun
With a one track mind if you don't get lucky some time
But still I'm tryin'

but this could because I’ve been listening to this album all morning J Will doesn’t really listen to lyrics much, so I feel like when we are talking music I find myself telling him what I think people are singing about or how I can reference it to everyday happenin’

What was your most enjoyable purchase?
Probably a bunch of music, because I enjoy that shit.

Did you travel? If so, where?
This year I did San Antonio, Santa Fe, Dallas a few times ummmm yeah so not really ha.

What do you wish you’d done more of?
More traveling always, and spending more quality time with my family.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
worked? I’m kidding, I actually enjoy working.

Compared to this time last year, how are you different?
The biggest change is that I’m more emotionally in tune with myself, I mean I’m still not big on it, I’m still not a homeowner, so I'm not knee deep in DIY projects and mortgage payments. I'm hoping next year I'll be able to navigate Home Depot, cut a piece of tile, and use a level, meaning i'm hoping to be a homeowner

Compared to this time last year, how are you the same?
I’m still mostly the same–overextended, overanalyzing, overjoyed.

What’s a life lesson you learned this year?
Things are really difficult sometimes, things don’t make sense, I’ll never be perfect, but at the end of the day I know what’s important, what I need to work on, and what it takes to make my life enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment