Friday, October 2, 2015

It's been a while

Life has been moving on swiftly as of late. Will has been workin' his ass off and I'm ridiculously proud of him. Even though it's adult talk to discuss work, we accomplish a lot by being eachother's support system on a crazy day! He has lots of crazy days :(. By now, I'm pretty much used to the crazy days that happen at the bodyshop. I'll say this now (and I always say this) but if you don't have a job that you can appreciate coming to work every day, and you don't have more good days as opposed to the occasional bad day, then my advice to you is simply this, find something that makes you happy. Find a place that you don't dread coming to every day. A place where you feel needed, appreciated and driven to do well at what you do. That's what I have, along with a group of guys who always keep the jokes coming. I mean occasionally I deal with a moody insurance company representative or an unhappy customer and it sucks but I've actually found a place where the good outweighs the bad. Money has never been just all that to me, but I feel like money isn't a determining factor of "sticking it out" with a place. I've heard someone very close to me that I look up to as a mentor question what makes them happy even though they have plenty of money, the fancy house, the cars, the expensive toys, etc. They are driven by their work, and working hard and doing what they do on the daily is something that makes them truly happy. I can admire that.

Moving along... I'm not really sure why I went on so long on that subject, but I guess I just had to put it out there.




Look closely at this photo, Will is holding the flashlight in between his legs haha.














Will & I went camping & hiking over labor day weekend. It was hot, but we hiked while listening to DMB. We had hoped to go to the Gorge, however, we did the "responsible" thing and decided to save money. (we realized we would be out so much with flights/weekend passes/camping pass) We missed out on a good time we've heard, but sometimes I guess it's just about being responsible....

Let's see what else? Oh, I also got the cutest/yummiest invite to be in Emily & Jarrin's wedding, and the fun has already began. All of the bridesmaids minus one went and had a girls day and we helped the beautiful bride pick out a dress. It was pretty dang simple once she had it on, we all just knew, it was THE ONE. Can't wait for the wedding!

Of course, we've enjoyed a few OU football gamedays and the state fair so far this year! We love BOTH so much!






Another thing I've been doing lately is reading, I've read three books in the past three weeks. I've read Keeping the Faith: A Memoir by Faith Evans , UnSweetined: A Memoir by Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie from Full House)  and Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventure and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny by Holly Madison  . All good! Keeping the Faith is about Faith & Biggie's relationship when they first started out their music careers. UnSweetined tells about Jodie Sweetin's meth addiction and life since being sober and of course the last book I mentioned is basically about all the juicy secrets of the playboy mansion.




Shoba's fair bone
 
I've also been running with the girls on Satrudays with the landrunners, SUPER excited to get out and watch KC run her next half on Friday, October 11th. Guys, she's seriously gonna kill it!! She's been murdering her runs as of late! I officially start my Disney Marathon training Monday, I ran with a group of 4 other people just the other night and really started to get excited about it.

Another weekly happening that's been going on for about a month is Ahtone art nights every Thursday. Hank is the writer, Sam is the guy who picks the topic of the Ahtone conversation and I just paint. It's therapeutic for all of us. Life seems to be full of the simple things that keep me busy. I love the simple things...

Meanwhile, this weekend I will be busy celebrating my two main men. Shobey is 3 today and Wills is going to be 31 tomorrow. We may go on a mini camping drip, but tonight I'm taking Wills out on a HOT date! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment