Tuesday, March 29, 2016

March Marathoning

This year I went back and forth about what my new years resolution would be. After a month of trying to figure it out, I decided to run a marathon a month. Maybe one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. (this month anyway) It makes me stay on top of my running, it also helps with the ongoing emotional roller coaster I've been on for the last few months. When I say this I don't mean I'm going through such a shitty time. I'm just more vulnerable than normal, I think I am just overwhelmed with certain emotions and running helps me with that. At first I thought it was crazy to challenge myself to run one once a month, but then I realized I really freakin enjoy it. This past weekend I was able to talk Paris into running a half marathon with me, I wasn't sure if i'd be able to do it, but alast she agreed. We ran exactly to the halfway point together and then she told me to go on without her. She ended up PR'ing, I'm so proud of her. I love to be in the presence of someone who pr's, it's pretty awesome.



So far I have been easing into more and more physical activity and adding different types of exercise in to my workouts. But I'm also staying focused on listening to my body and appreciating the state of mind that comes with doing healthy exercising. I'm looking forward to continuing the training for the next 8 half marathons and the 1 full marathon in June. What is really cool is that if everything goes how I would like it to then I will have ran a total of 6 (possibly 7) states. A few years ago I said I wanted to run all of the united states so maybe this year I will be able to get a few states knocked off of the list. I'm excited about this plan and excited to get to run a lot more races with my best girlfriends. Ya know, just over runnin' down a dream - that never would come to me, workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads, runnin' down a dream ;)


Before, dark & early and apparently I'm as happy as a cheerleader

After, still as happy! Happy runner, happy life.

We missed our other two, but I lovvvvve these two!


No comments:

Post a Comment