Friday, October 14, 2016

When I think of sunshine...

I think of Amanda. She is literally a ray of sunshine. A person who really does not have to try but brings you happiness upon meeting and talking to her. Amanda (and Kevin) happens to be one of our closest friends. On my wedding day, I cannot imagine her not being there. Amanda and I have some of the best conversation, sometimes about everything, sometimes about nothing. It doesn't matter, everything just seems to come pretty simple with our friendship. We can laugh and talk a night away. She is such a loveable human being, and if you are one of those people who has met her and you don't love her, you probably need to do a little self reflection because she's a downright wonderful person. Leading up to my wedding day, Amanda knew that it was going to be an emotionally interesting day for me. I had spoken to her about how I wasn't really sure how I was going to express my feelings that day and that I had wondered if I was going to be out of it. We got together a few times just to hang out during the wedding planning process and I don't think she will ever know how much I just needed a break to have friend time. One evening in fact, we went for a run around Lake Hefner, had a few drinks at Louie's then stumbled upon an event at Red Rock Grill where we danced to a 90's band in our workout clothes. I don't think she'll ever know that at that point of my life I needed a night out like that. An expected, let loose, belly laughin' , time with one of my best friends. Love the fun memories we've experienced throughout our friendship and I know there were will be so many more. You guys, she is one of the most encouraging people I've ever met. She believes in other people and that's a damn good feeling if you get lucky enough to be her friend and see that side of her. On my wedding day, she was able to offer me her contagious smile and soft spirit. I could not have gotten married without you by my side and I always feel so lucky to be able to call you one of our best friends.

Here's my letter from amanda panda:






1 comment: